YES ITS BACK
but in the end, it didn’t even yale sale
Eddie Izzard - shopping at Mac store in Soho
New York City - May 14, 2014
When I was a kid I saw his HBO special. I watched it so many times I still know most of the words. It was the first time I saw a man dressed feminine, be funny, and not have women as a punch line. He didn’t slump out in front of the stage embarrassed by his clothing, he came out perfectly happy, hoping around, and didn’t do some silly feminine voice for laughs, he just used his voice, he wore his clothes, spoke about social injustice, and he was fucking funny. It was nice to watch a comedian and not be the fucking punch line or a flattened stereotype for laughs.
Eddie Izzard has always been my favorite since I was young. I never thought about it, but his identity and way he dressed were never really part of the joke. Being feminine was not for laughs and he unabashedly was who he was and never apologized. I saw him perform live and he’s positively electric.
He would walk on stage in full makeup and a sparkly dress and I think within five minutes of speaking he had a way of making every cis/heteronormative person stop seeing him as “atypical.” He always shut that down.
In recent years I haven’t seen him expressing himself as much, and I worried he was trying to conceal his love of dressing feminine in order to be more successful in the acting field, but I’m really glad to see he’s back to the bright lipstick and fierce nails.
He really did make being feminine a powerful thing and not just a punchline and he showed me a lot about gender expression and identity at a young age when I had never seen anything like it.
"They’re aren’t women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them." - Eddie Izzard
-“You are fit for labor. Stand aside while this peasant unit is freed.”
This was the best thing to happen to me in a month.
Thank you Mads, that was the answer I was looking for.
my mom and dad were arguing in front of me whether to give me a present now or to wait til christmas and my mom was like “can we give her it now?” and my dad was like “what present” and my mom was like “you know… the good one” and my dad was like “spell it” and my mom goes “GREG, SHE’S 23”
i used to be like “fuck im gonna delete this i dont want anyone else to see my booby on the internet” now im like haha it jsut a titty nipple
so i google searched “badass winnie the pooh” and…
and on that day humanity received a grim reminder
Bekkathyst’s Autumn 2014 Giveaway
Yes! It’s time for another giveaway! This time it’s to celebrate my Etsy shop reaching 500 sales! Thank you all so much for your support! Please read this post thoroughly before entering.
Winner Will Receive:
- 5 wire wrapped pendants made by me! Rainbow moonstone, labradorite, smoky quartz, clear quartz and an amethyst with inclusions.
- 13 different stones. Tumbled malachite, 2 tumbled fluorite, tumbled lapis lazuli, tumbled amethyst, 2 amethyst crystals, 2 spinel crystals, quartz crystal, polished labradorite, rose quartz chunk, and one dyed pink agate slice.
- 2 packs of stick incense. Lavender and eucalyptus and green tea.
- 2 packs of cone insence. Vanilla and eucalyptus and green tea.
- 1 oil diffuser
- 1 wooden incense burner
- 3 tea light candles
- You must be following me, so you can get updates if anything about the giveaway changes.
- Favorite my Etsy shop if you have an Etsy account.
- DO NOT tag this post as giveaway. Tumblr staff will find this post and delete the notes and ruin it for everyone. PLEASE do not tag it as giveaway.. please.
- Reblog this post to enter. Likes count, too. Don’t use giveaway blogs.
- Each entry will be assigned a number and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- The giveaway ends November 4th at 9 pm Pacific time.
- The winner will be messaged and must respond with their full name and address within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
- Please respect me and my rules, and have fun!